What we think

How do I rollover my direct qualified retirement plan 401(k) to my new individual IRA (Individual Retirement Account) at Crystal Brook Advisors? (Opening an Account)

by Peter J. Creedon

The Plan Administrator of the plan generally performs direct Rollover from your 401(k). In most cases, the Plan Administrator will require documentation from you, the former employee. You should first contact your former employer to see if the Employer/Plan Administrator has a specific form that is required for Direct Rollovers to Trade PMR, (our introducing broker dealer) and if the rollover can be processed through the ACAT system (electronic account transfer system).

Below are the 2 (two) steps to open your account:

  • Open up an IRA account at Crystal Brook Advisors/TradePMR (our introducing broker dealer).
  • Request a distribution form and most recent account statement from your 401(k) provider Plan Administrator, “delivering firm” (this is where your 401(k) is currently held). Your 401(k) Plan Administrative provider is your former employer’s Plan Administrator. Complete your 401(k) Plan Administrator provider form to rollover your 401(k) to First Clearing LLC, the “Receiving Firm” (Custodian) for Crystal Brook Advisor.

Include your new IRA account number you will receive from TradePMR (our introducing broker dealer) on the “Receiving Firm” area of the form (Plan Administrator of the plan). Alternatively, your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ will provide you with your new IRA account number.

Confused and don’t want to deal with this? Crystal Brook Advisors can assist you throughout in the 2-step account opening process.

US Postal mail the forms to:

TradePMR, Inc.
P.O. Box 358239
Gainesville, Florida 32635-8230

Note* If you elect not to U.S. Postal mail the form, you may forward the form to your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ for processing.

Questions? Contact your CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ at: info@crystalbrookadvisors.com